Today, I want to share a simple and effective sample marketing plan for a massage therapist business. I had a potential client contact me today to hire me for my SEO and website building services. She is a masseuse and she is trying to get more clients for her practice. I figured if she needed more clients there are probably hundreds of other massage therapists that also need new clients.
Therefore, I drafted up this sample marketing plan for massage therapists to help any masseuse out. Feel free to use this as a template for your own marketing plan in your business.
Marketing Plan, Jim’s Masseuse Business
Vision Statement: My vision is to attract 120 clients per month for my business (6 clients per day, Monday through Friday). Of those 120 clients, I would like 40 to be new clients and 80 to be repeat customers. I charge $60 per hour, so 120 clients would be $7200 in revenue.
Scope of Marketing Plan: My marketing plan will utilize newspaper advertising, direct mail, fliers, and social media. All of my advertising will be designed to get people to visit my website or to call my pre-recorded message and set up an appointment. To attract new customers, I will offer a buy one hour, get one hour free special. This incentivize my new clients to do business with me.
Here’s what I need to do each month to accomplish my goals and objectives.
- Send out 500 postcards to people who live within 5 miles of my practice.
- Post 20 messages to my Facebook fan Page
- Hand out 500 fliers that promote my buy one get one special
- Exchange 50 business cards with people I meet in day-to-day life
- Get 8 new testimonials from happy customers
- Publish 4 posts on my blog
- Publish a newspaper ad once a week (every Wednesday) promoting my buy one, get one special
- Send an email newsletter to all current/former customers to keep in touch(see a sample newsletter we use)
If I break down my monthly goals into weekly tasks, this is what I need to do each week.
- Mail 125 postcards per week
- Post five messages on Facebook Fan Page
- Hand out 125 fliers
- Exchange 12 business cards
- Collect two new testimonials
- Publish newspaper ad on every Wednesday
- Publish one post on my blog
This is what I must do each day (assuming Monday thru Friday work schedule).
- Mail 25 postcards
- Post 1 message on Facebook Fan Page
- Hand out 25 fliers
- Exchange 2-3 business cards
- Collect a testimonial every other or every third day
- Write you blog post on designated day of the week
To accomplish my goals for my massage therapist business, here is my budget:
- 500 postcards including postage, printing and lead source (approximately $220)
- 500 Fliers ($40)
- Newspaper Ad $800 per month or $200 per week
- Business Cards ($10)
- Posting messages on Facebook, on blog and collecting testimonials are free to do.
- Virtual Assistant to help with Facebook, handing our fliers and mailing postcards ($100)
- Total projected monthly marketing costs ($1170, round to $1200 to be safe)
Expected Return on Investment
- 40 new customers at $60 per hour is $2400, minus the $1200 marketing expenses equals a $1,200 net profit, just on new customers
- Assuming 40% of your new customers become monthly repeat customers, that would put an extra $960 profit (16 x $60) in your pocket every following month.
There you have it folks. This is a sample marketing plan for a massage therapist business. Feel free to print this out and use this as a template for your own marketing plan. It’s also important to know that you can use this sample marketing plan for any type of business. I hope that helps. What are your thoughts?